Thursday, May 12, 2011

Atkins Blueberry Almond Baked Square

I tried the (new to me) Blueberry Almond Baked Square Day Break bar today.  I really like Atkins bars (even though I'm always kind of embarrassed for people to see me w/ an Atkins bar - I don't know why....). 

Anyway, they always fill me up & never seem to make my blood sugar spike.  I have to admit, I was a little shoked at how small this bar was but it's only 130 cals w/ 5g of protein.  Normally, I'd like more protein but this was a good snack for breakfast along w/ my greek yogurt.  Sometimes I just need a little sweet splurge (yes, this is a splurge for me). 

The taste was really good & it was nice and doughy - not too dry.  I probably wouldn't eat it on it's own - probably not enough protein to fill me up - but it's a good option for when I just need a little extra more.

1 comment:

  1. I'm actually surprised it didn't contain more protein... or calories. That seems small. I'd still be hungry.. then again, I don't eat "protein bars" to fill me up- they're my sweet snack after lunch. ;)

    Sounds pretty good though.

    ReplyDelete