- 1/4 cup Steel Cut Oatmeal
- 1/4 cup Quinoa, Uncooked
- 1/2 cup Texturized Vegetable Protein (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 36 g French Vanilla Whey Protein (I used Designer Whey - 1.5 scoops)
- 20 g Original Chia Seed (I used Greens' brand)
- 2 large Egg White
- 2 tbsp Nuttzo Organic Omega 3 Multi-nut Butter (you can use any nut butter)
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Organic Coconut (reduced-fat, Let's do Organic shredded coconut)
- 1 cup Ready To Eat Red Wheat Cereal (I used Natural Nutrition brand)
DirectionsPre-heat oven to 350. Line a 8x8 pan with foil & cooking spray.
Place steel cut oats, TVP, and quinoa in a pot with 2 cups of water.
Bring to a boil and simmer until soft (about 15-20 minutes) - drain any excess water.
Mix chia seeds with water to cover and let gel form.
Combine all other ingredients in a bowl and add oat/TVP/quinoa mix.
Bake for about 45 minutes, until firm & toothpick comes out clean.
I purposefully left the recipe devoid of spices & added sweeteners. I don't add any sweeteners to my food (artificial or otherwise) b/c it just increases my sweet tooth. Feel free to customize it as you see fit w/ cinnamon/splenda/stevia/etc.
Serving Size: 1 bars
Amount per Serving
Calories from Fat 27.2
% Daily Value *
- Total Fat 3.02g 4%
- Saturated Fat 0.92g 4%
- Cholesterol 7.5mg 2%
- Sodium 14.4mg 0%
- Total Carbohydrate 12.73g 4%
- Dietary Fiber 4.32g 17%
- Sugars 1.11g
- Protein 9.48g 18%
Est. Percent of Calories from:
- Fat 31%
- Protein 31%